Traveling with Euro-Sportring in Corona time
This information supplements the Euro-Sportring General Terms and Conditions and provides clarity about traveling with Euro-Sportring in times of Corona. Traveling within Europe is getting easier. Are you vaccinated, recovered from Corona or 12 years and younger, you can travel through Europe with virtually no restrictions. If you are not or not fully vaccinated, you must take additional rules into account. These rules are country specific. Click on the following link to see which rules apply to your travel destination.
When does force majeure occur?
- Force majeure applies if a travel ban is imposed by the government.
- If the (local) government forbids the sporting event.
In both cases it is not possible to travel or do sports. If this situation arises, our Euro-Sportring agent will contact you. Together you determine what the best alternatives are at that moment. It is quite conceivable that rebooking to another country or another period is a suitable alternative. But the refund of the down payments is also possible at all times.
A positive test shortly before the trip. Then what?
When It happens that one of the players tests positive for Corona in the days prior to the trip. That is not nice. The team may decide to ask another player to join as replacement. If that is not possible, show us the positive test result of the player, then we will refund 100% of the deposit to the account.
At Euro-Sportring we are ready for you at any time.
Prior to the trip, all information about Corona for your destination is available on the tournament website. The URL can be found in the travel documents. Euro-Sportring will accurately state the Corona rules of the destination on the website per tournament location.
During your stay it is good to know that we have coordinators active at every tournament. They ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. Our coordinators speak several languages and are known locally. They can advise and assist you if there are any questions about the tournament progress or your sleeping accommodation. They are also familiar with the Corona rules of their country. Suppose that one of the players from the team has to be tested, then they will provide the correct guidance to the test location.
Travel and cancellation insurance
We advise you to take out travel and cancellation insurance. Make sure you choose travel insurance that also covers Corona-related (healthcare) costs, regardless of the country's color code. In most cases, costs for extra nights (in case of quarantine) are not reimbursed. Always check the conditions of your travel insurer in advance.
Flexible booking conditions
We understand that in these uncertain times it is difficult to decide to book for an international tournament that will not take place until next year. On the one hand the sporting adventure is an exciting prospect for your team(s), on the other hand it is still early to make financial commitments.
That's why Euro-Sportring, anticipating for better times, offers you maximum flexibility when booking a tournament.
This means in concrete terms:
- Down payment € 150/£140 per team upon booking. This ensures your place in the tournament and accommodation.
- Free cancellation up to 10 weeks before the tournament *.
- In case of a travel ban or tournament ban, you will receive your payment 100% back.
* There are some accommodations to which this arrangement does not apply. More info >>.
The certainties of Euro-Sportring
What happened in 2020?
When, in March 2020, the Covid -19 outbreak struck, we immediately consulted the clubs that had booked for one of our tournaments. Euro-Sportring reimbursed €14,000,000 to 3,912 clubs with over 100,000 participants. In addition, a number of clubs opted for a travel voucher because of the 20% bonus we added to the value. As promised, the reimbursement took place within 6 weeks. This explains why Euro-Sportring was rewarded by the clubs with 9.6 on a scale of 10 in an internal survey.
What certainties can the teams count on in 2022?
- Euro-Sportring works exclusively with each countries governing bodies and authorities:
- All Euro-Sportring tournaments are approved by the football association and UEFA. This means that in terms of sports everything is properly arranged and safely managed.
- The local authorities regulate the sports park and the accommodation. This means optimum safety and welfare for the participants.
- Your payments at Euro-Sportring are insured:
We have been active in the world of international tournaments since 1960 – so 60 years right now. We do this as a non-profit organization with a solid financial position. Besides that Euro-Sportring is also a member of the SGR-Z. SGR-Z is a specialized insurance company in the field of insolvency of the tour operator. This means that at Euro-Sportring, all participants are insured so their money is safe and they will always get their payments back if Euro-Sportring fails to organize the tour. Every club receives a special guarantee certificate from SGR-Z.
Measures per destination
Corona travel regulations
Below you will find all the regulations per destination where our Easter tournaments are held (PDF document). We also advise you to check the following website before you travel:
- Corona documents 2G = fully vaccinated or recovered; 3G = fully vaccinated or recovered or negative test
- General Shops, restaurants, beaches are open unless otherwise stated below. Most public areas > places require a Corona document for entering the area.
- Airline travellers Additional requirements such as health declarations may be required. Please check your airline.
- Return trip home check the travel requirements of your home country for the return trip.
The information was last modified on 20 January 2022. Euro-Sportring try to keep the information up to date but changes are reserved. It is therefore important to consult the links of official authorities indicated.
How did Euro-Sportring deal with the Covid -19 outbreak?
We paid them all back